Thursday, August 18, 2011

New blog!

I set up this blog to repost my initial critique of The Help. I hope this and others' writing and work will catalyze some movement. It starts with a critique of The Help but there is a lot more to be said and done among white women for anti-racism. I'm hoping my own writing will expand from this good momentum but that others will also be inspired. Please comment and get in touch!

The working title of the blog is "working", because right now I'm focused on this as important labor. I'm a 33-year-old activist and educator living in Central Pennsylvania. I know there are many more experienced feminists and anti-racist change agents out there and hope that people will get connected (as I will strive to get connected) so I can support existing movements and ideas.

I wrote the piece hastily, to try to join the conversation already underway, so I also welcome feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment